Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Maroon 5 with Sara Bareilles and Counting Crows

Maroon 5 Concert at Dodge Music Center in Hartford - Formerly The Meadows

I went to the Maroon 5 concert with my man, Tom, and his son James. I was familiar with a few of Sara Bareilles' songs, but was very impressed to see her in person. She is a good performer and I liked all of the songs she played. I believe her set consisted of only about 6 songs, which was ideal. I wish I could say the same for Counting Crows. I had heard a rumor that he was drunk at the Jones Beach show and sure enough he came on stage looking like he was hammered. Some of the songs were very good and he was quite entertaining, but I was very disappointed in the way he portrayed himself. He was stumbling around the stage and talked a lot of babble whenever he got a chance. One song was a very depressing song about being alone for Christmas and the song seemed to go on forever. Tom and a couple behind us were laughing about us all wishing Christmas would end. The Counting Crows set was too long for my liking and didn't end until about 10:30pm so it was almost 11pm by the time Maroon 5 came on stage.











However, it was well worth the wait. The lead singer, Adam Levine, is a great performer and has a wonderful, yet original sound to his voice. I am pretty familiar with most of the songs that they played and thourougly enjoyed the show. Since I was the one who suggested going I was very happy to hear that Tom and James loved it too.





No comments:

Post a Comment