Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bunny Boogie - 3 Miler - April 11, 2009



http://www.clubct.org/Results/09Results/09BunnyBoogieRes.html

We had a pretty cold and wet morning for the Bunny Boogie 3 miler. Luckily, the rain held off until close to the start of the race and even then it remained pretty light throughout the race. There were a few puddles close to the finish line, but other than that the conditions were good. The rain picked up during the chocolate bunny awards presentations, but at that point we were all under the shelter of the gazebo.

This race has a 2:30 head start for women to try to get the winning man and woman to come in very close to each other at the end. For the first time in history of this race the winning woman beat the winning guy to the line. I enjoy this setup for the start as it gives me an opportunity to see the top men run by me part way through the race. At the start line I was talking with Frank, Emmy, Rob and Jeanette.

Emmy, who broke her age group record for the Umstead 100 miler the previous weekend and Frank, who missed the 100 miler due to being diagnosed with pneumonia were both concerned about not feeling well enough to have a strong race. However, Emmy passed by me within the first quarter mile and then Frank passed me in the last half mile. I tried to keep up with Frank at the end, but he was running really fast. Emmy ended up placing first in her division.

My splits were: 7:21, 7:55, 7:11 = 22:27 Average Pace: 7:29

This is a net downhill course and my time was 13 seconds slower than my best time in this race.

Photos:

Jeanette



Jeanette



Jeanette and John





Frank



John, Jeanette and Frank



Emmy, Rob, Kate, John and Frank



Rob and John



Rob



Chocolate Bunnies



Jim



Bob



Emmy with her Bunny age group award

No comments:

Post a Comment