Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Marathon Packing list

Emmy posted my marathon packing list on her blog recently. I then got some feedback from Frank about the quantity of stuff that I felt the need to back for one race. I have decided to post the list on my blog and include some photos.

BIB and CHIP
tissues
ipod
garmin watch
pace chart
cell phone
disposable camera
"Sarah"
running shoes
skirt
shirt
undies
socks (including xtra)
ponytail holder
long sleeved shirt - OLD
sweat pants - OLD
garbage bag/rain gear
hat
gloves
TP

H20 bottle
gels
electrolytes
salt pills
gummy bears
tylenol/advil
ITB Strap
body glide
neosporin
scissors
lambs wool
tape
bandaides
chapstick

Bag for Post Race
long sleeved shirt
sweat pants
socks
drink
granola bar
chocolate milk

I have not included my running shoes, Garmin watch or drinks in the photos, but I think I have everything else. Here is a photo of everything.




This is the sweater shirt and sweat pants (underneath) to wear pre-race. I'll be wearing these in the morning and throwing them out before the race starts so they won't be taking up any room in my bag.


This is my running skirt, socks, gloves and such to wear during the race. I'll be wearing this stuff to run in so again it's not taking up any space in the bag.


Long sleeved shirt and pants for after the race. I also have a fleece to wear after. This stuff will be in the bag.

TP, tissues, ITB strap, ipod, road ID, disposable camera (for pre-race) and "Sarah" (for motivation). Only the camera will need to go back in the bag.

Neosporin, body glide, tylenol, lamb's wool, tape and chapstick - to take apply pre-race. These items will be packed in the bag once I've fixed up my feet. Or if I'm up early enough I can take care of my feet at the hotel and then leave most of this stuff at the hotel.

Gels, electrolytes, gummy bears, salt/tylenol pills for during the race. These will fit in the side pockets in the under shorts of my running skirt.

1 comment:

  1. thanks to you, am definately going to be more organized for races:)

    ReplyDelete